We would like to thank everyone who took the time to attend our public exhibition event in June or who sent their feedback to us. Everything that we have heard has been really valuable in helping us to progress our design.
Since the consultation, we have considered this feedback and have also held further meetings with officers at the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead (RBWM) and the Design South East panel (local building design experts) to hear their thoughts on our latest proposals.
Together, this work has meant that we have made changes to our design including:
• Removing two of the additional apartment buildings to create more space at ground level.
• The height of the tallest building remains eight storeys, but the proposed buildings have now been slightly repositioned to improve the landscape and to reflect the historic positioning of the buildings on site.
• The new positioning of the buildings preserves the historic tree line running towards Dedworth Manor House.
• The community space and cycle hub have been relocated to provide better connections to the surrounding area. The proposed community space will now face Maidenhead Road and the park, providing greater accessibility while the cycle hub will be near the junction of Smiths Lane and Maidenhead Road.
• All the new homes will meet the latest national standards for storage space.
The total number of new homes proposed is 417. Of these, 189 would be for social rent and 228 would be additional new affordable homes (a mixture of rent and shared ownership).
We expect to submit a planning application to the Council in 2023. Before we submit a planning application, we will return for another information event early next year. At this event, we will present drawings and more information on our revised design. We will write to our customers and neighbours again closer to the time of the event and post an update on this website.
As part of this, we will also be consulting on a document called a Stakeholder Masterplan. This is a document that we need to submit to the Council which sets out how our design has changed over time through consultation.
For the latest information and updates about Sawyers Close, please continue to visit this website.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch by calling 0800 169 6507 or by emailing [email protected]